Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sweet Consolation from a Pumpkin Bundt!

Pumpkin Bundt
So, when I finally sat down yesterday, I decided to check the weather. Seattle has been enjoying an unprecedented streak of sun. Well, much to my dismay, I soon learned that the rain was coming our way. This grim news didn't have me sitting for very long...I soon decided to bake a warm and cozy cake. I wanted to bake a Bundt.

For a fleeting moment, I considered chocolate, basic, gingerbreador apple versions, but I soon landed on a Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt cake from the Libby's website. I had the required classic Bundt pan handy and all of the ingredients were on deck. I tweaked the recipe by skipping the allspice, drizzling in some vanilla,and adding some pecans to the streusel topping. I could have used my KitchenAid stand mixer, but I simply decided to crank out the batter using my Cuisinart Elite food processor.

The cake is ridiculously good. It does call for two sticks of butter, four eggs, and a cup of sour cream, so, honestly, how could the cake be bad? We've mowed through half ofit already and I've promised to make another one next week.

So, now that fall weather is officially here, I'm wondering what your favorite pumpkin recipes happen to be...

Photo by Melissa A. Trainer

--Melissa A. Trainer


Light Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake The Nerdy Foodie Breaking out my bundt pan and whipping together ... note, I tend to not like things overly sweet and to me the pumpkin ... low fat, low sugar, and it screams Autumn comfort! Sweet Desserts - Pumpkin Spice Bundt Moist pumpkin bundt soaked with heavenly orange glaze, filled with delicate, gingered ... Sweet Street with Andrew Zimmern of the Travel Channel. To hear what he had to ... Bundt Cake Recipes - Betty Crocker Comfort Food Recipe Videos; Grilling Videos; Grill Skills ... Take spiced pumpkin bundt cake to a whole new level with a tunnel of sweet apricot filling... Baking Math Marbled Pumpkin Bundt Cake Bakeaholic I love pumpkin in all ways, sweet or savoury. You can make it a regular pumpkin bundt cake, but I ... Pumpkin Turkey Chili Comfort in a Bowl Bakeaholic on Pumpkin Swirl ... Al Dente: Sweet Consolation from a Pumpkin Bundt! So, when I finally sat down yesterday, I decided to check the weather. Seattle has been enjoying an unprecedented streak of sun. Well, much to my dismay, I soon ... Sweet-Potato Bourbon Bundt Cake - Martha Stewart Recipes This recipe for sweet-potato bourbon bundt cake is from "Bundt Classics" by Dorothy Dalquist. ... 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; 3/4 teaspoon salt; Nonstick cooking spray with ... Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - Country Decor, Craft Ideas, Comfort Food ... Celebrate the combination of pumpkin and spice with these yummy autumn dessert recipes, from sweet pumpkin pie to ... A mini Bundt cake is dressed in a citrus glaze. The ... Simply Sweet Good-For-You Pumpkin Bundt Bread Bloom Everyday Simply Sweet Good-For-You Pumpkin Bundt Bread. September 30, 2011 at 8:48 am Filed ... Last night I got creative in the kitchen and made a pumpkin bundt loaf Best Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe :: Whipped ... texture to it, so moist and light and not too sweet ... at recipes but I find myself most drawn to war comfort ... [...]Best Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe :: Whipped[...] faxing Says: Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe ... The perfect fall comfort food, this slab ... vegetables are just slightly sweet ... Pour half the pumpkin batter into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt cake pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...